Areas of Specialization
- Graduated from Trivandrum Medical College in 1969
- MS General Surgery in 1974 from Government Medical College, Mysore
- MCh Cardiothoracic Surgery in 1980 from Christian Medical College, Vellore
- M.N.A.M.S in Cardiothoracic Surgery from National Board of Examination in 1980.
- Worked in Calicut Medical College in the department of Cardiothoracic Surgery from 1975-1987 in various capacities and became the Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery in 1985.
- Played a pivotal role in starting the open heart surgery programme at Calicut Medical College in 1982.
- Worked in St.Vincent's Hospital, Melbourne and Alfred Hospital, Melbourne from January 1990 to June 1993. Gained extensive experience in Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery, Mitral Valve Repairs and Heart and Heart Lung Transplantation while at Melbourne.
- Honorary Scholar in Cardiac Surgery in Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne.
- Joined Kovai Medical Center and Hospital in June 1993 and set up the Cardiac Surgery department.
- Working at Metromed International Cardiac Center, Kozhikode since 2013, performed the first heart transplant in the Malabar region.
Off Pump Beating Heart